Child Protection Services (CPS) has taken my nephew from my sister. Can I, should I call CPS to ask about my nephew and ask if he can stay with me or another family member?

asked 23 Feb '12, 14:24

mplsonly's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

edited 27 Feb '12, 22:08

Tammy's gravatar image

Tammy ♦♦

I'm not a child protection officer and I imagine that the regulations and common practices would depend on the state you live in. I imagine that if I were in your situation I would call Child Protective Services to ask them my questions.


answered 27 Feb '12, 22:06

Tammy's gravatar image

Tammy ♦♦
accept rate: 18%

By now you might have an idea as to what is happening. If not call the department which is handleing the case and ask for his case workers name.. call her. She will provide all nessesary info and guidlines for you to follow to have him placed with you. I could not get my nephews and nieces because I was 1 mile away from the parents. They want these children to be placed with family when all possible. Will have to do a background check,, etc. home study is one. Everyone over the age of 18 in your home will be finger printed as well and checked. Good luck!


answered 13 Apr '12, 17:18

Wonder%20woman's gravatar image

Wonder woman
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: 23 Feb '12, 14:24

Seen: 3,703 times

Last updated: 13 Apr '12, 17:18